Personnel Commission Meeting Schedule 2013 Meeting location:
Pleasant Valley School District Office,
Staff Development Center
600 Temple Avenue, Camarillo, CA
Notice of Public Hearing 2013-2014 Personnel Commission
- Agenda - May 23, 2013
at 3:30 p.m.
Merit System is a form of civil service specifically designed for school
employees who do not require a teaching credential to perform their jobs.
- Became effective in PVSD on
December 1, 1966, as a result of a vote of the district’s employees.
- Provides for the open competition
for public school jobs.
- Selection, retention and
promotions based on merit determined through examination related to the
essential functions of the job.
- Employees should not be dismissed
arbitrarily and can appeal disciplinary action taken by the Board of
Trustees to the Personnel Commission.
- Maintain classification plan based
on duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain pay plan based on “like
pay for like service.”
- Maintain Merit System rules and
- Investigate and hear appeals from
- Maintain a plan for evaluating
Minutes of Personnel Commission Meetings:
- July 16, 2010 - Special Meeting
- August 3, 2010 - Special Meeting
- September 7, 2010 - Regular Meeting
- November 2, 2010 - Regular Meeting
- November 30, 2010 - Regular Meeting
- December 13, 2010 - Organizational Meeting
- January 25, 2011 - Regular Meeting
- February 22, 2011 - Regular Meeting
- March 1, 2011 - Special Meeting
- March 3, 2011 - Special Meeting
Judy Willson– Chairperson, Appointed by Commissioners
Ms. D. Val Rains - Vice Chair, Appointed by Union
Appointed by the Board