History: Since 2007 The La Mariposa PTA has sponsored a recycling program. During this time, several successful recycling projects have been implemented as a way to introduce our school community to the concepts of recycling and caring for our environment including:
- campus wide cans and bottle collection
- plastic bag collection
- E Waste event
battery, ink cartridge, and cell phone recycling
increased paper and yard clipping recycling
Mission: To help the students of La Mariposa develop a connection to the environment through both learning and experience.Goals 2012-13:
- Complete the seven steps to becoming a National Wildlife Federation accredited Eco-School
- Promote on-campus and local activities using the weekly eblast
- Coastal Clean Up
- Implement the Consumption/Waste Pathway using Eco-School guidelines
- In conjunction with the District's Wellness Committee, address the Healthy Living and Sustainable Food Pathways as it relates to food choices.
- Begin vermicomposting (worm) to decrease food waste being sent to the landfill.
- Participate in one or more Terracycle Brigades.
Contact Natalie with questions or be a part of the Growing Green Committee.
Looking for La Mariposa Gardens? Click here.