La Mariposa PTA Goals
CREATIVE ARTS: Improve art programs to increase student participation.
TECHNOLOGY: Continue to build a BEST IN CLASS campus.
- Provide student workshops to increase participation in art programs.
- Expose and increase knowledge of students to music from different genres and cultures throughout the school year.
- Hold at least one school-wide event (i.e. musical, concert, art show, etc.)
PARENT OUTREACH/INVOLVEMENT: Build on current goodwill efforts for a greater a sense of community and belonging at La Mariposa.
- Work with administration to complete WIFI throughout campus.
- Complete equipping each classroom with smart boards at a rate of 1 grade per year.
- Provide equipment to enhance student learning.
GROWING GREEN: Increase participation in on-campus and community environmental events and activities.
- Provide a welcome committee to greet new families and provide a New Student PTA package.
- Ensure PTA Committee Chairs contact all parents who show an interest in volunteering for their committees.
- Enhance relationship with middle schools for 5th grade parents and other schools throughout the district to share best practices.
- Complete the seven steps to becoming a National Wildlife Federation accredited Eco-School
- Implement the Consumption/Waste Pathway using Eco-School guidelines
- Promote on-campus and local activities using the weekly eblast
- Participate in one or more Terracycle Brigades.