DANGER ZONE!Getting On The School Bus
· Memorize your bus stop.
· Leave Home Early enough to arrive at your school bus stop on time. Remember safety starts when you are ready and waiting for the bus.
· Form a line facing the direction from which the bus will approach the bus stop. Have your bus pass ready.
· Wait at least 6 feet away from the edge of the roadway until the bus has come to a complete stop, the door has opened and the driver has directed you to board the bus.
· Get on the bus in an orderly manner, be careful, use the handrail, and scan your card.
· Take your seat, face forward and remain seated at all times! Always stay in your seat! Be safe.· Remember, the bus driver is in charge at all times and has the authority to assign seats.Getting Off The School Bus
· Raise your hand and alert the driver if you will cross the street. Wait for the driver to escort you across the street. Do not cross alone!
· Wait until the person in front of you has left their seat, then stand up.
· Do not push or shove.
· Have your bus pass ready, and scan it when you exit the bus.
· When leaving the bus STAY OUT OF THE DANGER ZONE! Do not wait around for friends on the DANGER ZONE!
· Get off the bus only at your assigned stop
· Be alert and observe safety procedures
· Go directly home/ Class after getting off the bus. Do not talk to strangers and do not accept rides from strangers.